Friday, January 20, 2012

Introduction

I have been a law enforcement officer for 27 years. It is one of the most rewarding careers I can think of. In this blog I will try to give you an "insiders view" of police work and the life of a police officer. It will not be the usual everything is great approach. You will get the real side of police work, the grit, the horror, the excitment and the politics of it.

I will throw in some columns and articles I have written as well as my opinions on many topics.

Training and teaching is my passion so we will cover those areas with the goal being- to pass on my experience and knowledge to help make you better at what ever you do.

As for my experience: I was a street cop for  9 years, a street detective and detective supervisor for 12 years and a lieutenant for 6 years. I have  investigated homicides, narcotics, sex assaults, car jackings, burglaries, robberies and economic crimes. I write  about these topics in a weekly newspaper column called "Behind the Badge". I have been published in the FBI world wide magazine, NJ COPs magazine, the New South Wales Law Enforcement Gazette(Australia) and other American publications.

I have tried my hand at acting in the Web TV series  "Crossing Bloodlines". My writing and the web series can all be found on the web by googling my name.

I enjoy life everyday, I have seen horror in my job and I understand that every minute of life is prescious. I love my family and friends with all my heart and I am thankful to God for them. I hope you come here regularly, we have a lot of ground to cover!

Thanks for visiting. Send me you questions and thoughts at jpangaro@ yahooo.com  Visit my web site at http://www.jpangaro.com/

JP 

No comments:

Post a Comment